Click here to skip navigation
This website uses features which update page content based on user actions. If you are using assistive technology to view web content, please ensure your settings allow for the page content to update after initial load (this is sometimes called "forms mode"). Additionally, if you are using assistive technology and would like to be notified of items via alert boxes, please follow this link to enable alert boxes for your session profile.
An official website of the United States Government.

While hiring reform is making significant progress across the Government, there are still many areas where we can improve. Providing people who apply for Federal jobs an update or status is one area where we'd like to see further improvement. But, what is the best way to provide this notification--email, post to USAJOBS, an App? Let us know what you think and what would work best for you...we want to do what makes sense for you. Thanks!

Comments 29     1 thumbs up     5 thumbs down Share

Comments

Comments Sorted By:

6/15/2011 at 12:39 AM
1 thumbs up   0 thumbs down
The employment process for federal positions is the worse that I have ever encountered. There are no notices when jobs are filled. Jobs are filled by people who are familiar rather than qualified. Too many positions are offered only to be cancelled three months later. The job descriptions are misleading. Training is a joke. Who is in charge? Unprofessional is a mild description for inadequacy.
6/15/2011 at 12:39 AM
6/15/2011 at 12:39 AM
6/15/2011 at 12:39 AM
6/15/2011 at 12:39 AM
6/15/2011 at 12:39 AM
6/15/2011 at 12:39 AM
2 thumbs up   0 thumbs down
James Barth
9/15/2011 at 8:14 AM
0 thumbs up   1 thumbs down
I think that the job selection is a little more selective in the Macon Georgia area for instnace and they are basing it on Race, perhaps the whole OPM is like that. The reason I state this is: I am a sevice disabled veteran with a compensable injury, I am also an expert in my industry field,I work for the State of Georgia, and have worked for Lockheed in the past, however; I always get back the same response, I am not a veteran with a compensable disabilty, and I do not meet the best qualified either. I find that all just a little more than curious as I listed everything should someone screening have cared to read it. What I believe is this. Had I not been White I would have been the "Magical Fit for the job". But what can you expect when we have a president that has used that race card more times than I care to count. It is funny how EEOC guidelines does not affect OPM. Man what a joke
Melisa Crain
10/22/2011 at 12:35 AM
0 thumbs up   0 thumbs down
I am a foreign graduated. When I got out active Army, I was hired in the government position as a GS5 where I worked for a year. During this time, I was nominated as employ of the month. Even though I was happy with my job, my boss and coworkers, I wanted to get my education transfer to USA. Therefore, I decided to go back to school. Things did not go as planned. As a result, after a year, I was looking for a job again. I talked to my boss, and he said he needed a person like me, and I could have my job back, but I had to apply for it. Therefore, I applied for the same job, same position, same place on USA jobs website. To my surprised, I got a letter stating that I was not qualified for the job. I am almost sure that whoever received my application did not even open it. She just decided that I was not qualified for it. Later, I applied for other positions. I was never qualifying for the job. Once, I was qualified for the job, but I did not have long experience on this position. I was on the first five of the list, but even though I turned in the letter from the VA and my DD214 papers. I was in the list the non-veteran. I did not get that job. During all this time, I continued with my education. Today, I am finishing my M degree. I really would like to work for the US government. However, I wish that the person who read my resume and qualification be fair and honest.
Peggy Leifert
12/23/2011 at 11:59 AM
1 thumbs up   0 thumbs down
I think there should be a percentage of jobs set aside EXCLUSIVELY for veteran applicants, so they would always have that guaranteed pool of jobs for which they would not compete with civilian candidates. They deserve no less. And, a percentage should be designated exclusively for civilian hires. I believe this approach would support a balanced and diverse Federal workforce combining the most qualified candidates from both military/Federal and private experience.
Peggy Leifert
12/23/2011 at 11:59 AM
Cindy Frenzel
5/31/2012 at 10:13 AM
0 thumbs up   0 thumbs down
If you look at the percentage of new hires into government GS positions that percentage rate would be aboout 70-80 veteran hires, it is almost impossible for a non veteran to get a job without a degree for a specific field.
Cindy Frenzel
5/31/2012 at 10:13 AM
Richard Rhode
9/25/2012 at 11:31 AM
0 thumbs up   0 thumbs down
Speaking of percentage hires, I was told recently that agencies have a requirement to hire a ratio of 49% student interns to 51% DoD/NAF/Vets. Is this correct and if so, where do i get further information?
c c
11/7/2012 at 1:04 PM
1 thumbs up   0 thumbs down
There is hardly a diversity pool in the government; always vets vets vets vets; civilians AND disabled are forced to compete and always lose to vets.
Less than 1% of the disabled have been hired. Me... I am disabled, and have been applying all over, and ALWAYS lose to vets IN SPITE of my qualifications.
WHAT GIVES????
c c
11/7/2012 at 1:04 PM
WHAT GIVES????
c c
11/7/2012 at 1:05 PM
1 thumbs up   0 thumbs down
I was told diversity was sorely needed, but constantly hiring vets IS NOT diversity by any means!!!
To rate comments or contribute your own comments, you must be logged into the website. If you have an account, please login. If you do not have an account, and you have a valid .mil or .gov address, you can register now.
Control Panel

Unexpected Error

There was an unexpected error when performing your action.

Your error has been logged and the appropriate people notified. You may close this message and try your command again, perhaps after refreshing the page. If you continue to experience issues, please notify the site administrator.

Working...